Time Until Next Mac Lab Saturday School
Feed Your Imagination
The unconscious, though one cannot force it, will not produce new ideas unless it has been painstakingly stuffed full of facts, impressions, concepts, and an endless series of conscious ruminations and attempted solutions. On this we have the testimony of many creative people.
— Morton Hunt
The clock is ticking.
Week 10: Engaging Strategies
Look. Listen. Seek. Find. Ponder. Imagine.
⇒ REQUIRED ⇒ EVERYONE: Watch today’s vid then work on your Week 09 DPE (if it needs attention). If incomplete, working on anything else = Reaper’s Reward plus relevant penalties.
- Hunters & Healers Only those with complete DPEs may Hunt. (See Tuesday’s 411 vid for NEW details.). Yes, you may hunt all expired DPEs (Week 06–09). Freedom comes at a price. Responsibility is the currency.
OPTIONAL THIS WEEK: After completing the REQUIRED info (above).
- Week 10 DPE Don’t like being Hunted? Document your work honestly and thoroughly.
- NEW ⇒ Compositing Primer A quick intro to compositing.
- NEW ⇒ Scan Lines Demo The Boss screws up, makes a fool of himself, yet still creates something kinda cool.
- Single Column Marquee Tool Your results may vary.
- Motion Blur Effect I lied in Tuesday’s 411. These tips were too good to pass up.
- Tweaks and Tricks From a magical day 12 or 13 years ago.
- Key Club Poster A good deed for a club that does good deeds. What is Key Club?
- Key Club Shoe Drive Details in the quest.
- Sonoma State Club Volleyball T-Shirts Work in Illustrator, not Photoshop
- Winter Concert Poster Already? My, how time flies. ⇐ 9 Photoshop Videos
- Vocal Music Logo Refine the design but maintain the look.
- BBW Buttons | BBW Posters Banned Books Week promotional materials.
- Illustrator Vids See the POD page for links. ⇐ 32 Quests.
- Guild Apprenticeship Speak with the Boss before purchasing.
- GuildX Speak with the Boss if you want to begin your Guild Apprenticeship (with insufficient funds).
- Commercial Clade Yet another Mac Lab edu-experiment.
- DesignCuts Nice freebies with a tutorial to boot (work in RGB).
Grades: I’ve only adjusted a few grades so far. I hope to speak with each of you individually before the 12 week progress report so there’s no confusion about where you stand. Remember, the only grade that matters (long term) is the semester grade. Every one of you is capable of earning an A by then. I’m rooting for you to give it your all.
Saga Survey: Virtual Reality
New Game Mechanics: Coming Next Week!